Sundays at the Museum
Quilting Through the Stage Door
Sunday, January 14, 2018, 2:00pm—4:00pm
Hannah Claassen is a longarm quilter residing in Conifer, Colorado. She will take us through her journey of discovery and creation from dance to fabric. She will touch on how she discovered quilting and how her first love of dance informs how she views fabric, quilting, design and stitching. This will not be an ordinary trunk show.
Still Crazy After All These Years
Sunday, February 11, 2018, 2:00pm—4:00pm
Rita will share her love of embroidery and crazy quilts which will include a trunk show of antique crazies as well as Rita's quilts. Rita has a passion for crazies and free motion quilting and loves to share that with others.
Story Quilts of Jewell Work, Women of the Plains—Native Blackfeet Women of Northern Montana, Cir. 1800s
Sunday, March 11, 2018, 2:00pm—4:00pm
The Blackfoot Indians live across the plains of Montana, the Dakotas and Canada – and have been there for some 10,000 years. Women of the Plains (Indians) is a storyquilt devoted to the women who mitigated – softened – the hardness of life on the plains. During courtship, marriage and children, life and death, suicide and war, the burden of keeping the family alive fell mainly on the shoulders of the women.
- RMQM members admitted free. Become a member today!
- Non-members are $10/person. Admission includes museum admission and refreshments.
- Doors open at 11:00am. Program begins at 2:00pm
- Located at 200 Violet Street Suite 140, Golden, Colorado
- Reservations are helpful but not required. Please call 303-277-0377 and tell us you’re coming!