Jane Mathews teaches her unique technique of quilting paper using junk mail, catalogs, maps, letters, photographs and more. Students will learn the basics of sewing on paper, creating a small paper quilt during class time.
This is a one day class that repeats.
Supply List for How to Make a Paper Quilt with Jane Mathews:
- Assorted papers will be provided from recycled sources, students may also bring their own if desired such as: magazines, photo copies of camera images, maps, wrapping paper, sewing pattern paper, old books, documents, junk mail and fabric that doesn’t stretch, such as broadcloth. You can also paint and draw on the paper.
- Backing paper to support your work whether you sew or glue; typing paper is a good weight. Avoid newspapers.
- Sewing Machine that is in good working order that you know how to operate
- Scissors, ruler, templates etc.
- Thread. Colors can match or be an accent.
- Adhesives such as: Glue stick, YES paste, matte medium, wall paper paste. Artist tape helps hold pieces in place while sewing
- Sack lunch